Monday 14 November 2011

Potato

Height of self obsession: I stalked myself on facebook.
there were two conclusions I came to aside from the obvious, "I'm a narcissist".
One being that I'm never gonna be as scrawny as I was in school and that's okay.

The other was that somethings are meant to last forever, and while 8 years may not be forever, its two years short of half my lifetime. Seems as close to forever as Id like to get.
This post is not going to be some brilliant piece of writing. This one, its just for you. I know its going to be relatively useless because to actually explain what I am feeling seems like an impossible task. One of the reasons I'm writing this is because I want to be able to come back to this moment and feel like I did something about it. I want to be able to look back 8 more years further down the line and think, "Yeah, I knew what I was talking about, I knew what I felt was right". Sometimes you just know right?

If only I could show you the smile on my face.
I haven't checked in the mirror yet, but I'm pretty sure my eyes are all sparkly.

Yet, I know that when you read this, you will know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

8 years Pots. Give or take a few months of silence.
8 years.

And look at what we have to show for it.

Words escape me, as usual. Man, I really need to find those words. :/
So I'm just going to copy paste what I found on one of our old pictures yea?

"A hundred smiles. a thousand laughs. lots of wiped up tears. surrendered thoughts. confidence in strength. a little jealousy. a pinch of contempt. a dash of irrational joy. =)
a crystal vase, still intact. shards of a broken heart, put back together. hugs and dances. friends and family. insanity. insecurity. saving a fish. saving a life. popatoe. backstreet boys and blink 182. music and lyrics. oranges and sunshine. nani chai and the perfect hug. flowers and vodka. just boys. bumps and bruises. a few more moments. tingly and dieing. soul mates and best friends. potato and butterfly. forever and for always."

So incredibly gay.
but like I said, I'm feeling it.

So dance with me, like we did before the dresses, the shoes, the makeup, the boys and the drama. Dance with me, like we did when we were spinning in circles with the moon in our eyes.

Lets sing to the wind as we dance through the night..

I love you.

Addendum: I am just incredibly attached to this friend of mine. Im not gay. Just Saying. Mother, that's for you.

No comments: