Tuesday 6 March 2007

wordsville

"Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!"

Aah the wise words of Albus Dumbledore! Hats off to whomever can tell me what they mean.
then theres the most amazing school motto I have ever read:"Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus." Translation: "Never tickle a sleeping dragon." (Yes I did read Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone for the umpteenth time while taking a break today.)
I start thinking. Who came up with this awesome language? Where words are such fun to say.
Word play.
A game for the intellectual few.
Try saying the word Noodle. Its HEAVEN! I love the way it just sounds...slips or shall we say rolls of the tongue. Noodle!
Then there bubble. A funner word may exist but I know not off it.
These are the simpler ones.
Then there are the big ones you throw into conversation to sound smart. Such as "contemplate" a substitute for think. When theres a word like that why would you even THINK of saying think?
Mind you don't over do it. There are precious few in the world who will understand you when you say, "I think I might be on the verge of catching pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis." For those who don't know...it basically means you breathed in a lot of volcanic gases and are gonna catch a cough!
Aah words, how I love them. They make you laugh, cry, think, feel.
Truly a gift I'll say!
"To the well organised mind, death is but the next great adventure"-Albus Dumbledore.

I take your leave to organise my mind in preparation of a death that seems so far away, yet so close!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

u just like words with two O's in them ... noodle ... Oodle ....