Friday 21 December 2007

A Fire Inside

[written on the 15th of December While out on a trip]

Sitting by the fire, an onslaught of memories. It flickers and sways like my train of thought. Pausing for a moment, steady, while I dwell over a preserved moment.
A fire that appeared yellow turns into a vivid rainbow. A mixture of yellow and orange, tapering at the top to clear, forming a mirage of images over the brown logs aytop of which appears blue bordering to indigo turning black at the heart where the coals burned an angry turbulent red.
Thought upon thought is thought with emotion. A happy smile, a shy feeling, a twist of hatred, a gripping fear, a resentful twitch, a content sigh of satisfaction.
I remember a whispered word, relive a silent moment. I stare into the heart of the fire with all the fire in my heart! Glorius moments of my past, my histoy.
Sitting by the fire, an onslaught of memories.

No comments: